Help Feed the Hungry
In this economy, we're seeing higher demand -- about seventy to eighty attendees -- for our Community Fellowship program at McIver on Sunday afternoons. Those same economic factors also cause our volunteers to drop out of buying, preparing, and serving the meal.
Currently, we have vacancies for the second Sunday of odd-numbered months and for all fifth Sundays -- including April 29th. So, to make things easier, we thought we'd divide the responsibilities.
We'd like volunteers to bring one of something from the list below. It would be great to get eight volunteers for the #1 item up front, if you can help that way. Bring supplies with you to the DHPC Parlor around 10:30 on 4/29 morning, and we'll get it to McIver for the 3:30 preparation.
1. 8 people to bring a lasagna casserole or spaghetti to feed twelve;
2. 6 people to bring salad fixings;
3. 6 people to bring twenty-four cookies or brownies each;
4. 4 people to bring iced tea, lemonade, or something low cal and fun (2 gallons for each);
5. 4-5 people to do quick prep and serve the meal -- arrive at 3:30; serve at 4:30; and leave at about 5:30.